Responsibilities of the State Missions
- To supervise the activities of the Mission and also to issue guidelines and advice for the smooth functioning of the Mission.
- Ensuring effective coordination between the various departments, agencies and the officials.
- To examine the Mission document prepared by the State level Karmasena and to issue approval.
- Examine the scope and possibilities for augmenting resources including CSR fund.
- Ensuring the supervisory – monitoring system function effectively.
- Issuing guidelines to the executing agencies for implementing the approved projects.
- Ensuring proper assistance for the Planning and execution of the activities of the Mission.
- Ensuring effective interventions in the Executive levels and in the association levels, so as to obtain approvals for their implementation.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STATE LEVEL KARMASENA
- Issuing suggestions and recommendations for achieving the goals and objectives of the Mission. Preparation of the guidelines for the operations of the Missions and also for extending technical support.
- Preparation of Mission documents.
- Presiding over the day to day activities under the supervision of the State Mission.
- Closely monitoring the activities of the Mission at different levels continually and initiate action for its smooth functioning.
- Identifying Technical experts, Consultants, Resource persons and submitting recommendations for their engagement to the Empowered Committee.
- Ensuring the effective involvement and performance of Resource persons and District level Karma Senas. They shall be empowered effectively.
- Ensure that State Mission meetings are convened periodically.
- Preparation of proposals on the matters which require the approval of bodies like State Mission, Empowered Committee and Government.
- The performance of the Mission shall be documented in a proper manner. Also, assure that the performance and activities in the District level and the Local Self Government bodies are documented.
- Necessary action shall be taken to extend Technical Support and Research and Development from the professional institutions shall be made available to the LSG bodies.
- Identifying a team of technical experts in the State and District level and enable the teams to impart technical knowledge to the Mission.
- The activities of the Local Self-Governing entities and the Mission shall be coordinated in a well-synchronized manner.
- Periodical progress of the activities of the Mission and the status of the execution of the projects shall be sent to the State Mission, Empowered Committee and the Mission Monitoring team etc at regular intervals.
- Initiate actions to achieve the objectives of Haritha Keralam Mission.
- Financial assistance and high-level technical support shall be extended in the realm of environmental issues enhanced productivity, regional development, planning and studies for appropriate project formulations and project reports.
- Involvement in settling technical disputes if any in the execution of projects undertaken by the Local Self-Governing bodies.
- Providing special technical support if any required.
- Application of modern technologies and innovations in the LSG entities appropriately.
- The scope of coordination of the three Karma Senas of the Sub Missions shall be examined and implemented.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DISTRICT MISSION
- To supervise the activities of the Mission and also to issue guidelines and advice for the smooth functioning of the Mission.
- Coordination shall be made in such a way that the activities of the agencies and officials shall be centralized at the Local Self-Governing bodies.
- To affirm that the local self-government entities and the agencies are taking up the projects as envisaged in the District Mission document.
- To identify the educational institutions and hospitals which require upgradation and modernization on the basis of approved criteria.
- Ensure resource augmentation through CSR funds.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF DISTRICT LEVEL KARMA SENAS
- Presiding over the day to day activities under the supervision of the District Mission.
- Compiling the various projects of the Local Self Govt bodies and prepare District Mission document.
- Project implementation in the district level shall be reviewed properly and initiate steps for the successful completion of the projects.
- Identification of a team of district-level technical experts and enabling them to transfer technical knowledge.
- Enabling the services of the technical experts or the services of the Research and Development or Professional Institution whenever technical assistance is required in the Local Self-Government entities.
- Whenever the intervention of the District Collector or the State Planning Committee of the Mission is felt essential, necessary action shall be taken to bring the facts at the appropriate level and to seek remedial measures.
- Appropriate proposals shall be prepared and submitted for approval on matters which require State level decisions.
- The performance of the Mission shall be maintained and documented. Also, assure that the activities of the Local self-government bodies.
- Affirm that effective actions are undertaken by the working groups and Resource persons in the Local Self-Government bodies. They may be empowered enough to bring out success in their ventures.
- The periodical progress of the activities of the Mission and the status of the execution of the projects shall be sent to the District Mission, District Planning Committee, State level Karma Sena and to Mission monitoring team at regular intervals.
Mission Specific Responsibilities
- Recommendations for constituting Sub Committees for Agriculture, Water Conservation, Hygienic Waste Management of the State level KarmaSena. Activities of the Sub Committees may be coordinated.
- The State level KarmaSena if finds it necessary to have assistance for planning and project formulation, in the spectrum of Agriculture, Water Conservation, Hygienic Waste Management, such recommendations shall b given. The main responsibility of the District coordinator is to carry out the responsibilities of the Karma Sena effectively and in a time bound manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF BLOCK LEVEL MISSION
- To issue guidelines to the Resource team which has been constituted to ensure the possibilities of coordination at the Block level. This activity shall be coordinated.
- To give leadership in the preparation of State level projects for the Health institutions under the control of Block Panchayat.
- Guidelines for the State level projects which have to be coordinated with Grama Panchayats, centrally sponsored schemes and appropriate, conditions for execution shall be prepared. Enable unification in the Planning and execution of projects.
- Submitting practical recommendations for bringing the activities of the Mission under the Thirteenth five-year plan and Annual plan to the Administration of the Block Panchayats.
- Take the lead role for the preparation of projects for the Grama Panchayat/Municipal area.
- Initiatives to coordinate the activities of various Government departments, agencies, volunteer organizations with the Local Self-Government entities.
- Submitting recommendations for bringing the activities of the Mission under the Thirteenth Fiver-Year Plan and Annual plan to the Administrative body.
- Participation of people from all walks of life shall be ensured. The activities of the Mission shall be extended to socio-religious organizations, Non-Resident Indians and all other discerning groups.
- Resource augmentation through CSR fund.
Responsibilities of KarmaSenas, Village, Block, District Panchayats and Municipalities
- Providing technical support for the collection of data and information.
- To fix the short-term and long-term targets of these Missions distinctly.
- Projects for Grama panchayat areas and Municipal areas shall be prepared distinctly. The working groups of both the Grama Panchayat and Municipality will be responsible for the formulation of these projects.
- Institutional projects for the educational institutions and hospitals under the jurisdiction of the Local Self-Government bodies shall be prepared and codified with the Local Self-Government bodies.
- Recommendations for bringing the projects under the comprehensive plan with the Thirteenth Five Year Plan and Annual Plan of the local bodies.
- Technical assistance shall be made extended to the Local bodies through District level KarmaSena as and when required.
- Whenever intervention of Mission/Local bodies is seen needed, suggestions and solutions shall be proposed before the respective committees.
- Decisions and approvals if any required from District or State levels such proposals shall be submitted through Local bodies.
- The activities of the Mission shall be documented.
- The performance appraisal of the Mission shall be reported to the Governing bodies on time.
- Review reports, reports on the progress of the execution of the projects and evaluation reports on the performance of the Mission shall be submitted to the District level KarmaSena and District Planning Committee periodically.
Responsibilities of the Coordinators of the State Mission / Sub Mission
- To initiate a lead role in getting the KarmaSena performing their duties and responsibilities in an effective and in a time bound manner.
- The duties and responsibilities shall be distributed to the members of the KarmaSena and their activities shall be coordinated and monitored.
- Detailed proposals on the matter which require the approvals and decision of the Mission Group and Empowered Committee shall be prepared with the participation of the KarmaSenas.
- Create an excellent rapport with the KarmaSenas.
- Constantly in touch with the District level KarmaSena and make effective interventions for the smooth functioning of these entities.
Responsibilities of District Collectors
The District Collector will be the Chief Coordinator of the Missions, as he being the officer to preside over the functions of these Missions. The District Collector shall delegate the duties and responsibilities of these Missions activities to the Sub Collectors so as to enable them more proficiency and involvements in the developmental activities of the District. The major responsibilities of the District Collector are furnished below.
- The District Collector shall closely monitor the activities of the Missions. H shall ensure the smooth functioning of the Missions through constant contacts and communication.
- Ensuring required professional assistance in the planning and execution process so as to maintain quality.
- Initiate steps to obtain the assistance of top-ranking Professional institutions in the Higher Education sector for the developmental activities as a part of this learning process as envisaged in the centrally sponsored scheme viz “Unnath Bharath Abhiyan”.
- Initiate initiatives for the preparation of the District Mission document.
- Ensuring the coordination of the activities of the District Mission document with the Annual Plan schemes of the local self-government entities.
- Ensuring the coordination of human and financial resources.
- Ensure that the Rural Employment Scheme is effectively put into use for the soil and water conservation programmes.
- Constituting Resource Team by identifying experts.
- Ensuring massive propaganda for the activities of the Mission.
- Tendencies like disparaging the developmental policies, duties as a ritual or in certain cases bridle either by officials or by associations shall be curbed.
- Effective initiatives for the mobilization of resources locally for the developmental activities including CSR Funds.
- Ensure that Government machinery, officials and NGO’s have put in optimum efforts with due dedication for the successful implementation of the projects. The lethargic ways of doing this shall be discarded. Ensure that the system works in perfect unison and with due dedication.
- The scientific techniques and modern methods shall be encouraged along with the traditional knowledge and age proven techniques.
- The responsibility and accountability of the officials may be fixed.
- Sufficient land shall be identified and distributed to the homeless masses, for providing a roof over their heads as a part of LIFE Mission.
- Decision making shall be fast and final. Ensure that there is no delay in decision making.
- There shall be constant contact and communication with the State Mission. The problems which cannot be solved at the District shall be brought before the State Mission or KarmaSena for redressal. Constitution of a coordination cell in the premises of the Collectorate will enable effective communication and coordination of the Departments. Activities of KarmaSena will be in touch with the Collector at close quarters. The District Collector shall provide basic amenities for the funding of the Coordination cell. The staff required for the new cell could be engaged either on the working arrangement or on deputation basis.