Planning of the activities of the Mission shall be in consonance with the preparation of the Thirteenth Five Year Plan in the local bodies.
- In the preliminary stage, a baseline document will be prepared on the basis of the data collected locally with the participation of the people. The survey will include the details of homeless people, those who have no land and no home, partially completed houses and so on. The details of waterbodies and requirements in the hygienic sector shall be prepared. Proformas for the collection of data will be made available from the State Mission group.
- On the basis of the baseline documents, detailed projects shall be prepared after having a detailed discussion at the local level and in the respective forums for the Project planning after invoking the opinion of the experts. The programmes conceived in the local body level shall be in tune with the developmental projects of the respective departments. Following are the methods to be adopted for the preparation of the projects.
- Hygienic Waste Management
All the organic waste that can be disposed of at the source shall be decimated. Those which cannot be eliminated at source shall be disposed of at appropriate sites (Decentralized Waste Management at source). That is to say, the domestic, institutional waste which can be disposed of at source shall be done that way. If not possible, appropriate projects shall be developed for such disposals in association with Neighborhood groups (Ayal Koottam) Community, ward, local entities. The projects shall be prepared in such a way to sort out and clean the non- degradable waste for recycling at the material recovery facility centres.
- Soil-Water Conservation
The projects shall anticipate activities for soil and water conservation scientifically thereby augmenting water availability and productivity. The project shall also protect the existing water structures and to replenish them so as to ensure water abundance. Integrating watershed treatment for all the round development of the local area shall also be resorted to.
- Agricultural Development
A comprehensive project which focuses optimum output in organic farming using compost manure obtained from biowaste disposals shall be prepared. Area-based plans shall be prepared based on the scope for cultivation in a particular area. In other places, the farmer-based plan shall be prepared. Both plans shall be modified with the local Self-Government Institutions.
- The activities to be undertaken by the local bodies shall be prepared in the form of Projects. The Basis of the programmes will be prepared by the village/municipality and Corporative levels and have to be implemented as the Annual Plan under the Thirteenth Five Year Plan. The actions to be initiated at the concerned Departments will be undertaken by the officials of the respective departments.
- The responsibility for the coordination between the inter and intra-Departments and in between the agencies and officials and for the various programmes at the District level will rest with the Planning Committee.
- Guidelines for the preparation of the region wise Projects will be published separately.
- Even though the funds released through Government departments including for the centrally sponsored schemes for Agriculture development and Watershed Management could not be channelized through the accounts of the local bodies, appropriate projects similar to the aforesaid schemes shall be formulated by the local Self-Government institutions and to ensure their successful implementation. The local self-government institutions shall take it as an opportunity for development activities and also draw more benefits to the common man despite the challenges the might face in the process.
The projects which are to be implemented under the Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB) shall constitute Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for this purpose, as per the stipulations framed