- These Missions are conceived with the objective to support and strengthen the activities of People’s Planning. These Missions will assure additional professional assistance, result oriented execution of the project and will empower the Local Self- Government bodies for the successful project implementation.
- Developmental ventures are at the complete responsibility of the Local Self-Government institutions, Hygienic-Waste Management activities are invariably the responsibility of the Grama Panchayats and Municipalities. As such the planning and execution of these projects are entrusted with the Local Self-Government bodies.
- It is expected that the Local Self-Government entities will be enriched immensely in the spears of technical expertise, technical assistance, knowledge dissemination and technology transfer. A higher level of involvement and corporation of the Government departments, additional resource mobilization and so on. The salient feature of this participation in that professional and technical expertise and knowledge transfer etc will be available in complete measure to the Local bodies in their regional planning activities. Of late, the Government have entrusted the responsibility of water conservation activities of the Local Self-Government entities to the Engineers of Water Resource Department vide GO(MS) No 72/2016/Water Resources 5/12/2016.
- The earlier proposals are undertaken by the Local Self-Governing bodies through People’s Plan Programmes, the Central-State schemes approved by the Government Departments, the major developmental activities took up by the general public shall have been assimilated in the planning process under the comprehensive umbrella Projects proposed by the Mission. Quality standards and technical assistance will also be ensured by the Government departments and LSG bodies while implementing the project. Excellent rapport, ample coordination and cooperation of the Govt. departments, Agencies, Local Self-Governing bodies are required for achieving these goals.
RESULT ORIENTED MONITORING
- The Nava Keralam Karma Padhathi, the flagship programme of the Government, aims at elevating the quality of life of its people, in a mission mode approach. Close monitoring of the activities of the Mission at different levels will not only eliminate obstacles through timely guidance and by extending technical support but also ensures achievements in the physical as well as financial targets. The performance and expertise of each mission and its Task Forces will be monitored, evaluated and reviewed by the concerned Ministers. The Chief Minister will directly evaluate the efficiency, performance, achievements of the milestone targets, time management etc so as to bring out result-oriented achievements for the wellbeing of the society.
- Monitoring back up activities
The monitoring backup activities of the Nava Keralam Karma Padhadhi guarantees to envision a long-term farsighted approach and to organize proper execution of the projects conceived by the Mission. In addition to the reports on action taken, program evaluation performance reports are also envisaged for achieving the milestone targets of the Mission. The following will constitute the Monitoring System.
- A comprehensive monitoring framework shall be prepared in advance comprising the objectives the Missions. Expected results, timeframe for completing the project, responsibility and accountability of the various Mission.
- The constitution of various Missions and their activities shall be subjected to study. It shall be evaluated whether the planning and execution strategies adopted will bring out the expected results. Shortcomings shall be identified and recommendations to overcome the shortcomings shall be given.
- Initiate necessary action for the continual monitoring of the activities of the Mission at different levels and also to make sure that the objectives and time frames are strictly adhered to.
- Methods such as social monitoring with people’s participation, social auditing, crowdsourcing methods for information collection and data assimilation shall be resorted to.
- Monitoring methods based on GIS for the execution and implementation of various developments assets shall be practised.
- For assuring transparency in the activities of the Missions and also for ensuring availability of the data and information to the public, compilation and dissemination of information methods shall be adopted.
- Opportunities shall be made for public debate in respect the participation of the problems and hardships that may arise during the course of the implementation of the Mission projects such open discussion may bring out lessons and remedies to be adopted.
- Strengthening the contributory monitoring system at the local levels.
- Entrusting independent quality control agencies for ensuring the quality of the activities of the Mission.
- Comprehensive grievance redressal mechanism shall be constituted.
Resources will be available for the activities of the Mission from the following sources.
- Share of Central-State schemes – Including RIDF (2017–18 to 2021–22)
- Share of Rural Employment Scheme – Watershed Management, Agriculture, Social- (Thozhil Urappu Padadhi) Hygiene
- Voluntary Services (Sramadhanam)
- Kerala Infrastructure Investment – For providing infrastructure facility for the Fund Board (KIIFB) Agro-products and for improving the existing stock
- The funds apportioned to the Local Self-Government bodies from the People’s Plan Programme Fund.
- Cooperate Social Responsibility Fund
- Administrative Sanction for the projects conceptualized by the general public with their collected resources and for the projects under Central- State schemes apportioned under the relevant budget heads shall be obtained before implementation. Likewise, the sanction shall be obtained from the concerned Administrative Department after observing the formalities and approvals in the working group and special working group levels. The guidelines prescribed for the utilization KIIFB fund will be adopted for those projects coming under KIIFB.